Thursday, August 27, 2009

Time Slows Down

36 Days, 16 Hours, 32 Minutes, 19 Seconds to Marathon Time!!! I have a new theory. Time slows down, the closer you get to the marathon date. I'm starting to wonder if it will ever get here!!!! At our house we joke about the kid's movie "The Incredibles" when the little boy asks, "Are we there yet?" The mom screams in an exasperated voice, "We'll get there when we get there!" I'm tired of super-early mornings, and extra-long practice runs. I'm just ready to be standing on the start line enjoying the experience. My sweet, wonderful, awesome in-laws bought me a Nathan running belt for my upcoming birthday! IT IS FABULOUS. It is perfect for the long runs. No more driving out to drop water bottles around the route or shoving them in our shorts and having them fall out three steps later. That thing is handy. It has four water bottles, two pockets and a ring for a key. It somewhat resembles a tool belt which is amusing, but hey, for serious athletes like us, what do you expect. :) I'll definitely add it to my list of favorite accessories. For now, I'll try to be patient and keep counting down the days. I am positive, "It will get here, when it gets here!!"

Nissa

No comments:

Post a Comment