Friday, August 7, 2009

Photo Op!!

14 Miles today!!!! 56 Days, 18 Hours, 26 Minutes, 4 Seconds to race time! It was such an great morning. When we rolled out of bed at 4:30 a.m., neither of us knew we would be having a photo op, but what great pics! I have my wonderful husband to thank for them. Thanks Babe!!

Being out somewhere like this at first light is always amazing.

The almost full moon, made it a lot easier to see the road this morning. Some mornings, It's near impossible.
Half Way Point!!
This was the top of a steep 1/2 mile long hill! When the going got tough this morning, I kept thinking "Define Yourself!" I guess that is what this is all about.


4 more miles to go!
I was pretty apprehensive about this run because I have been having hip pain about the 7 mile mark. I shopped for new running shoes for months. Fitting me into a pair of running shoes is like trying to put two different size snow skis into a pair of shoes. I literally tried on over 100 pairs all over Utah. At the end of one shopping search, I had blisters on my fingers from tightening so many laces. At one point I even thought I found a pair, but when I wore them on a long run, they nearly crippled me. I found out later what was sold to me as a running shoe, actually turned out to be a cross trainer. NOT GOOD!! In desperation, I finally ordered a pair (two different sizes) through Classic Sports in Hurricane. After a two week wait, they arrived yesterday. What a difference my new shoes made this morning!! I might make it to the starting line yet. Knowing my old shoes were causing my hip pain, I was starting to wonder , but success at last!

P.s. If I haven't said it lately, I'll say it now; I have the best running partner ever!

Nissa



No comments:

Post a Comment