Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Surge Protection & Right Guard

45 Days, 19 Hours, 59 Minutes, 18 Seconds to marathon time!! I can't believe how quick it is coming up! We've been training since April and I still feel unprepared. The good news...We made 16 miles last Saturday! In case you are wondering.....that is a heck of a long way!! Our bodies are amazing.....every week it hurts, but our bodies make themselves stronger so we can do it again and then some. I thought I would die at 11 miles, three weeks later, I finished 16 feeling strong. Unbelievable.

We both have our little quirks when we run. Sometimes I notice Andrea surging ahead then she falls back into stride. Then she surges again a few strides later. Me...well I like to wander on the road. I can't seem to keep a straight line. I find myself veering into Zandrea, or off the edge of the road following the slope. This week I informed Andrea she needs surge protection and I need Right Guard. ;) We'll have to work on that.

Nissa

1 comment: