Thursday, July 16, 2009

Self Doubt.....What's that?

Written on Monday, May 18, 2009

Marathon
I have so many things going on in my brain... a lot of it is self doubt. It takes me about 25 min to run 2 miles, dang, how can I run 26.2 in 6 hrs. I run everyday, and am just glad I get up in the morning and get the bed off my back and try to be fit and not balloon outta my clothes.I was gonna run the marathon, I told my sis-in-law, but I wasn't gonna train I would walk/run it if I have to, then she burst my bubble and said the first person that ran the marathon died. uuuuggh....so I decided not to do it, at least not this year, I didn't wanna train. So I get a text from a friend asking me to run it with her. Dood, wow, umm okay.... She says there is a great 26 week program to train for it. I was in unbelief, what did I just say? Okay? My word, I have prolly never ran more than 2 miles ever, straight. I don't think I have even ran 3 miles. I think I could prolly do 3, but you know this self talk stuff?So now I am in a commitment stage, part of me is there and a lot of me isn't. I told Nissa, my marathon friend, I was honored she would ask me, as I was really surprised, I feel like I don't know her that well. She told me she thinks I'm a strong woman, how can I say no to that? And how can I not face everyday knowing that someone is counting on me to be there? And to top things off we don't even have tickets to run yet, they are in a bidding stage at Dixie Care and Share, so we won't know for sure if we have tickets til middle of June, and then we have just over a month to raise $1000 dollars for their cause. Nissa is pretty confident we will get them. Where does she get all this awesomeness? Well, I am becoming more inspired because I have had people already ask how much I need. I could cry. Just as I am overwhelmed by the magnitude of the marathon, I am overwhelmed by the wonderful support, and belief. Now if I could just convince myself.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment