Thursday, July 16, 2009

Week 5 of OFFICIAL Marathon Training

We are 5 weeks into our OFFICIAL marathon training. 78 Days, 17 Hours, 1 Minute to start time!!! We were each running on our own before we started training together, but the fact that we were going to run a marathon, was almost too big to wrap our little minds around. Every day it seems we amaze ourselves with what we are able to accomplish (always acknowledging God's part in our success). I won't lie, some days are down right BRUTAL!!! Almost every time we run, we play the "Do you remember?" game. We talk and laugh about all the times, not all that long ago when 3 miles seemed impossible....or wondering when this was ever going to get easy....or even addicting...."yah right!" we'd say. I remember my first day running, I went about 2 1/2 miles. About 3 blocks into it, I was ready to turn around and go home!! By the time I hit the 1/2 mile mark, I started walking, but I wasn't about to give up! I have been blessed with a lot of grit and heart. So despite wanting to fall over dead on the sidewalk, I started running again. Run 1 block, Walk 1 block.....until I made it back home........Now....week 5 of our official training......we have a 10 miler on Friday and I can't wait! I think I'm an addict.....

Nissa

1 comment:

  1. when you're addicted to running is it called running abuse?

    ReplyDelete