Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Fundraiser


Here we are at our 4th of July Bake SaleJust an update, Nissa and I had to raise $1000 for Dixie Care and Share, they have our Marathon ticket..... and WE DID IT!!!!! The burden is lifted, it is sooo nice to not be worrying about that any more. I found to best way to raise money was to think BIG....we decided to do our first fundraiser: a Bake Sale at the 4th of July festivities, we raised just under $200.

The Jam Man, that owns Old Nauvoo Jam, donated 3 cases (36 jars) of jam for our sale, I really believe it was inspiration to involve him . I literally baked bread allll dang day on Friday. It was successful as we sold all the bread and the baked goods and about 1/2 the jam, that was a great day.

The next week we had 2 more fundraisers...a Car Wash at Lin's parking lot that I was over, and a Rummage & Bake sale that Nissa was over. I was astounded by the wonderful donations for the Rummage Sale and the awesome volunteers helping at the car wash. Our best helpers were the Beehives and Mia Maid girls from the ward, my husband's 15 year old sister, and 25 yr old brother (he brought a couple of friends and was an animal at washing) my son Eaph, the City Princesses helped too. My Father-in-Law came and helped a bit, and later my handsome husband came and helped shoulder sling and all (he had shoulder surgery in June) and he brought our 7 and 6 yr old and our little 4 and 2 yr old they washed too. It was quite a sight. We had very generous people telling us to keep the change. Plus we were really consistant washing cars the whole time.

We made $234 at the Car Wash and close to $385 at the Rummage Sale. That with the donations and my Mary Kay order we were able to hand a $1000 check to Dixie Care and Share. A HUGE thank you to all of you that came out and supported us. What a Blessing, and what a BIG burden lifted...now we can direct our energy to...you guessed it....running!!!!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment