Monday, September 14, 2009

20 Miles


Wow, a lot has happened I have run 18 miles a week ago Saturday and 20 miles today. Do I have permission to celebrate? I should be out in the streets yelling and rejoicing that I made it home. Really the 18 wasn't much different than the 20. My mental was a bit harder with the 20, I kept feeling a very urgent feeling, an impatient feeling, when I am in so much pain like when I'm in labor. I just want it to go away. I felt antsy, and restless and kept snapping at my poor darling husband this morning...early morning....telling him to talk to me, to tell me Book of Mormon stories....just get my mind busy, dang it.

Then, when I had run about 15 1/2 miles who came and saved me? Nissa, whom I haven't seen for waaay over a week. I don't even remember the last time we ran together. I've been outta town. She rescued me and ran the rest of the way home with me. I am crying...thank you sweet Nissa. I made it home, We made it home.....WE DID IT!!!!!!! So my DH saw that I was well taken care of so he went home to get the kids fed and taken care of. So when I arrived there they were waiting for me, what a sight...my little bit of heaven on earth. It has been a very special day.
 
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment